My new experience in blogging

Friday, March 09, 2007

WHAT A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!
Hello everybody!
This week I'm going to tell to you about my first Skyping experience.
Last week we were supposed to find some pieces of information about recycling in Italy and then to write them down in our "Tulanepadova" wiki. On Monday we had our first exchange with American students attending the Tulane Univeristy in the United States and recycling was supposed to be the topic of out talk.
I was skyping with one of my classmates (in order to make some "prove tecniche" before skyping with our peers in the States) when I realised that my Skype-phone was ringing...an American student was calling me. I was quite worried for two reasons: first of all I don't understand American language very well; then I didn't know the person who was calling me so I didn't know what to tell her. However, I was able to talk to her for 40 minutes!!! And I enjoyed myself very much!
We talked a little bit about recycling (I asked her two questions about recycling in the States. She answered to me but as she spoke too fast I didn't understand all that she said.) Then we talked about ourselves as she hadn't prepare anything about recycling (neither questions about the situation in Italy nor pieces of information about that in America). However, I really enjoyed myself!!!
I look forward to talking to her again and I'm sure that next time will be much better than last time: we alreandy know each other and then she promised me she would speak Italian to me!

Well guys, that's all for the moment!
See you next week!
Bye Barbara

2 Comments:

  • At 1:58 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Dear Barbara,
    I'm so glad you enjoyed the experience - I was hoping everyone would! It's new for all of us so we've got a lot to learn but I think we're off to a good start.
    I don't know if it will be possible for you to speak to the same person again (it depends if she's present or not) so make sure you remind me that you want to speak to her and we'll try to arrange it.

    Sarah

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger Barbara said…

    Dear Sarah,
    fortunalely SHE HERSELF called me! That means that she too wanted to talk to me again (I was a little bit afraid she didn't want as I made some mistakes during our talk...However, she called me :-))

     

Post a Comment

<< Home