My new experience in blogging

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

MY THIRD ENCHANGE
Hello everybody!
Last Monday I had my third exchange with my American peer Gillian. The topic of our talk was alternative energy resources in Italy and in the United States. I was impressed by what she told me about hybrid cars and that’s the reason why I developed this topic in the wiki page of my English course. She told me that lots of her friends have hybrid cars and I realised that here in Italy very few people have this kind of vehicle (I don’t personally know anybody who belongs hybrid cars). In my opinion that’s a pity because using hybrids we could protect the environment and the air much more than we actually do.
Then we talked about our opinion concerning alternative energy resources, we asked some questions about the situation in our countries, and what we personally do in order to economize on energy.
Finally, I asked her the reason why she called me for our first exchange. She answered that at first her teacher gave the students the name of their Italian peer and she told her: “Well Gillian, you call Barbara”. For the next exchange their teacher told them to talk to the same person of the first time and Gillian said that she were happy to talk with me again, first of all because we had already broken the ice the previous time and above all we were able to understand each other (maybe not everybody is able to understand what his/her peer tells him/her). Of course, I’m happy as well to have a talk with her anytime we are supposed to have our exchange!
Well guys, that’s all for the moment!
Have a good week!
Bye Barbara

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home